Open Camera 1.44.1
Open Camera 1.44.1
Overview: Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for phones and tablets
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Touch to select focus area and metering area (metering area is used to determine exposure).
* Support for flash, torch, focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure lock, face detection.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization; supports all available resolutions including HD).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer (with optional voice countdown).
* Auto-repeat mode, with configurable delay.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop’s Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”) and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Experimental support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at play.google.com . Thanks!
FIXED Crash if activity is destroyed as photo is taken.
FIXED Fixed some crashes for old camera API.
FIXED In Camera2 API mode, wasn’t checking to see if video stabilization option is supported.
FIXED Preview size/”Maximise preview size” option didn’t always work correctly on some devices
(e.g., Nokia .
FIXED Fixed a crash related to failing to save with storage access framework.
FIXED Norwegian strings for video bitrate preferences were incorrect.
ADDED New option “Ghost image”, to overlay either last photo taken, or a selected image on your
ADDED On-screen flash icon (to show whether flash will fire or not) now supported for front screen
ADDED New Camera2 API debug option under Settings/”Photo settings” to disable taking photos whilst
recording video feature (if your device has problems recording videos with Camera2 API
enabled, try disabling this).
ADDED Camera2 support for high resolution photo resolutions (required for supporting highest
resolutions on some devices, e.g., Nokia 6, Samsung Galaxy S6).
ADDED Launching from intent now recognises request for front or back camera
ADDED Video bitrate options for 150Mbps and 200Mbps (may not work on all devices).
ADDED New video audio source options: UNPROCESSED (requires Android 7) and VOICE_RECOGNITION.
UPDATED No longer wait for image queue to be saved to go to settings, or background.
UPDATED Made on-screen level lines clearer.
UPDATED Show video bitrate on info toast if not set to default.
UPDATED More preferences in settings now show the currently selected value.
UPDATED Camera opening on background thread (for smoother operation) now enabled for Android 6 devices (was already supported for Android 7+).
This app has no advertisements